Monday, May 21, 2012

This is your life...

Have you ever had a 24 hour period of your life that helped you to put things into perspective?

I had a great couple over for dinner on Saturday night and they were telling me about a story about two young men that intersected their lives recently.  Two young men that were choosing to start over in a humble way and take full responsibility for their lives.  We then had a discussion about a home business idea and how its success could impact their lives.

I went to bed with a smile on my face knowing that these two people had found each other and were sharing a journey that was filled with God's purpose.

I am a member of Grace Fellowship - Don Mills and so Sunday I awoke and prepared to hear what God was going to share with this church family.  Our Pastor spoke about how we read and apply the Bible.  What struck me was walking out our belief and being able to ask God about His promises.  I have a huge promise in my heart that I had prayed about that morning. and here was God via Julian saying go ahead and ask, but don't just ask believe My answer and live accordingly.

Next I met with a couple I hadn't seen in over 10 years and they were as gracious and kind as I had remembered.  They extended a warm welcome and said where would you like to go?  They would like to work with me to achieve my goals and dreams.  They reminded me that motivation is comprised of motive to take action.  What is my motive and what do I want to achieve?  Great questions.

I had a hour drive to my next appointment and pondered their questions.  The next couple I met are the wonderful parents of a very close friend that we recently lost to cancer.  We laughed at some of the memories and cried as we shared how much we miss him.  This beautiful couple that are in their senior years spoke of how much they'd like to build relationships with their grandchildren still.

I came home and enjoyed a glorious sunset on my balcony and then spent an hour watching various fireworks going off throughout the city.  All the while pondering how each day God gives us is a reason for celebration, whether it be tears of joy or sadness life is made richer by the people we share the experiences with.

I will continue to invest my life into the people God brings across my path and store my treasures in heaven. 


3 comments:

  1. This is great, Kathy! It is so encouraging to hear what God is doing in your life! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing blog good Job. Anyone who’s battling with the question, Am I alcoholic can also find the comprehensive list of AA meetings at sober.com very helpful. I’m not affiliated with this site, I just want recovering alcoholics out there to find a comprehensive list of AA meetings just in case you are relocating or searching for an AA meeting in your new place. For the complete list of AA meetings, here’s the link: http://sober.com/aa-alcoholic-anonymous-meetings.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. AA is a great program and I personally know people that have benefitted from that program. Additionally, there is a Christ-centered recovery program that I highly recommend, called Celebrate Recovery. Their website will give you the details about the program as well as meeting locations/times in Canada http://www.celebraterecovery.ca/cr/ and USA http://www.celebraterecovery.com

    ReplyDelete