Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Goals, Plans and Peace

Defining our Goals, making plans and executing them brings peace
It's the new year, the second day, so how about all those plans for a new schedule?  Thankfully, we serve a gracious God that has taught me a lot about mercy.  As I begin moving towards my new goals I realize there has to be flexibility and grace in order to have peace and progress.  I have set my goals and I have written my plan.  Now to execute with peace.

I have three main objectives for this year; to become fit physically, get out of debt and find my ministry work.  The physical part involves eating well and of course finally making exercise part of my daily routine.  It really is simple...all diet plans aside, no miracle cure, no quick fixes as it has taken me a long time to get to my current physical condition.  I understand it will take time to reach my vision of fitness. So eat less and move more is my mantra.

The yoke of debt really is a stronghold that can kill you!  It has been a very long journey to get where I am today financially and I have made some great choices and some very poor choices.  One of the most common mistakes of a single Mom is too want to provide your kids with a lifestyle to which they were accustomed to.  This is nearly impossible after a divorce and my attempt to do so has cost me dearly.  I have also experienced immeasurable providence from God and we have all survived, all the wiser.  Now it is time to have my finances line up with the word of God; "Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law."Romans 13:8.


My third goal is to find my next ministry work. I have had the honour and privilege of serving in several different congregations over the years and volunteered with various organizations. My gifting lies in the areas of hospitality, teaching, and encouragement. With these strengths I've been blessed to help out with church coffee programs, taught three year olds to adults and led numerous Bible studies. As I reflect, three major items come to mind; walking alongside a teenager as he chose to get his life in order (this is a great story that will someday be a movie!), coaching new business owners as the embark on starting their own business, and women's small groups.

My Bible reading for today included a passage from Luke and what struck me with the Christmas Season just ending were the words 'peace among those with whom he is pleased!' that sums up my goals for not only this year but my life!


10And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.12And this will be a sign for you: you will find a baby wrapped in swaddling cloths and lying in a manger." 13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying,
14"Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!" Luke 2:10-14

No comments:

Post a Comment