Sunday, January 31, 2010

What are we doing with our lives?

Our belief systems are evident in our lifestyles. It has been an incredible week or two of self-discovery and thankfulness. I've heard the saying before concerning our purpose being hidden in what makes us sing and what makes us cry. Our Pastor this morning spoke about naturalism vs Biblical theism and challenged us with our authenticity. It was an incredible service that concluded a week of ups and downs.



This roller coaster of a life we often live is exhausting. I've had to stop on several occasions and get off the roller coaster, step back and look at what was in the valleys and what were the mountain top experiences. I crave stability! I am not guaranteed that; however, I am assured of faithfulness of my God so that I am not alone on this ride.



Unfortunately we seem to learn best in the valleys when we realize we just can't do it all or we are so hurt we can even see straight. It is when I get to the end of myself, flat on my back, looking up that I see once again who is in control. We have been set free to fly solo and yet forget that in order to fly we need the wind; those currents that cause us to build our strength as we counter them to reach our goals. My belief in intelligent design ensures that I understand that I have a role to play.



What am I doing with this life I've been given? What do I think about most; myself or serving others? Ouch!



I've had a person remind me of my shortcomings and while that hurt; it was my choice as to whether or not I chose to be offended. (Thanks Joyce Meyer for your messages this week!) I've had an acquaintance randomly give me money; I graciously received this gift with thankfulness. I've heard of that happening to others and it is quite overwhelming to just accept a free gift that is undeserved. Yet....that is what God has done for me; the free gift of salvation.



I accepted it, I believe it, but do I live it? I think the churches are full of great believers but are we great followers? Do we allow fear or faith to be the basis of our decisions?



It is time we Christians stood up for our beliefs so that others can see that we are channels of love to a hurting world. We are here for a purpose! Our lives need to be reflective of our choice to live for God. This life is a gift and what we do with it is our gift back to our creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment