Sunday, January 24, 2010

Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.

We are given the gift of imagination. Each new day is a gift as well. I am thankful for new mercy and a chance to start over each day. I love overcoming stories and inspirational movies. They just resonate with that spirit of possibility that lies within each of us. I think about movies like "Pay it forward" and the many times I've been called a purist. Why can't we truly live the way we all would like to?

I wrote that paragraph back in February and here it is April 25, 2010 and I am reflecting on the past several months and the roller-coaster ride I embarked upon. Dreams are the inspiration and goals the perspiration! My tendency is to lean towards sweat equity. I am not down playing hard work but pure hard work is not enough. I've entered the "Kathy zone" of working too many hours; thinking that it is necessary to achieve my goals.

The goals became simple with starting a new business; food, shelter....What do you do when you run out of money pursuing what you believe is the right thing to do? God's favour is incredible; he opens doors and closes other. This journey has been about submission for me. I know God is my source, my strength, my all in all and YET....I work like it depends on me. How foolish! I found myself approaching Easter; exhausted and concerned about feeding my family.

I reached out to His Word, listening to Charles Stanely's messages over and over again, Joyce Meyer daily. Over the Easter weekend I was reminded that I was depending on my efforts again and had lost my peace because I didn't understand why things weren't coming together as I expected. Taking a step back, resting (big key) and by getting on my knees (Fighting Your Battles On Your Knees by Charles Stanley)

While I was focusing on ME :-( and how things were working in my life, I was reminded thanks to Joyce Meyer, that we need to get ourselves of our minds and ask God who we can serve today. I looked around and found several close people in my life dealing with cancer.

It is difficult to go through financial stress but putting things into perspective; we hadn't missed a meal, we still have a roof over our heads and our health. God as always is faithful to provide, we've had to adjust to a changes in lifestyle while He develops the character necessary to handle what He has in store for us.

I have found my peace at the foot of the cross and surrendering what I'm not meant to carry once again. I am trusting more, working less and doing everything with prayer and petition as I serve the ones around me that are struggling with health challenges! Thank you Lord for your mercy, grace and faithfulness!

It's no wonder one of my favourite Bible verses is; Isaiah 41:29-31 "He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Trust and obey for there is no other way....

Make today count - it may be your last and what will you be remembered for?

No comments:

Post a Comment