Sunday, June 21, 2009

Prayer, timing and Truth!

I love Sundays, for oh so many reasons, but mostly because I've been commanded by a Great and Glorious God to take a day of rest. Rest....hahaha...God has such an incredible sense of humour. I know, I know the Sabbath...I've gone through stages of legalism in my journey, add to that a touch of being opinionated(thanks Dad) and I have to humbly admit that I've changed my views on so many things as I’ve grown in my journey.

As I reflected on how much I've learned about Grace and forgiveness I also had the gnawing at my heart that there is this balance between what we convince ourselves is OK to do and what God says is right. I was reminded of how much I’ve learned through Bible study and how much I’ve missed God at times in my life as I’ve charged full steam ahead.

I’ve come to terms with how much sin I am capable of and have publicly confessed that it is only through my relationship with my Saviour and Lord Jesus Christ that I have any purpose greater than what this world teaches. There are so many times that I’ve felt very alone in this world and today driving home to an empty house I once again thought about being alone and yet was thankful for time alone with God.

I came home to a surprise; a hanging basket of flowers from a friend, my favourite colour too. I thought of a message I had heard a long time ago about being single and God providing. I love flowers and had earlier visited a nursery with my Dad to buy him a new bush for his new garden and thought about what I’d like in a hanging basket but didn’t buy anything for myself.

The flowers made me smile as I was coming into the house and was preparing to listen to a message someone had sent me a few months back and that I had saved because she said it was about an hour long. Interesting….no time to commit an hour to hear a message. But…seeing as I had missed Church this morning which I hardly ever do, I wanted to hear a Bible message.

I also thought about coming home and checking to see if someone I knew that had a gift for words had put anything on their blog for Father’s Day. His Mother’s Day message was awesome. So..I check his blog first….great post….tears..I noticed his previous post and it sounded familiar. I checked the message I was going to listen to and it was one in the same!

OK, so if you don’t know how God works. This is what He does in my life. He is a gentleman; He guides me and waits for me to take the TIME to acknowledge Him. Yet again, I’m the slow one. Here this message has been in my face and totally reflective of my journey over the past 6 months.

I chose to take the hour and listen to Rachel’s story.
http://deathisnotdying.com/

Enough said by me. Please listen to her message for it is full of Truth and you will understand how great our God is! Thank you Wendy & Paul for showing me this link. Than you Rachel for reminding me of so many of the truths that I hold dear and get too busy to model.

1 comment: